Sunshine Butterflies was founded in 2005, originally under the name of Butterfly Kids, to improve the lives of children with disabilities by providing families with parent to parent support, information and individual assistance. Our family support staff are here to listen, offer support and share information on issues related to caring for someone with a disability. If you would like to talk to someone on our team or to another mentor/parent, please contact us. Our services are offered free of charge, however a $10 membership fee is requested.
Those who use our service are families, individuals, carers, service providers, medical personnel, schools & community groups, all for different reasons.
The services we provide is so that all of the above users can be directed to Sunshine Butterflies so that the support team can assist them by either providing;
- Helpful Information & Advice
- Support Groups & Workshops
- Representation & Advocacy
- Personal Fundraising Opportunities
- Disability Education & Awareness Programs, Puppet Troupe etc.
- Recreational Activities eg. Swim & Rec Club
- Post School Programs
- Case Management - Local Co-ordination & Development
- Early Intervention Programs
- Social Sibs Fun Day
- Charity Events
If you require assistance, or think you may need our help in the future, please contact us to further discuss.
If you would like to join as a member, please fill in the membership form and submit.
If you would like to become a parent/mentor and volunteer to assist other families please contact us.