Sunshine Butterflies was founded in 2005 originally under the name of Butterfly Kids due to the lack of information, support, services and advocacy in our local community. As there was little or no case management to assist families through a confusing mass of services, the “One Stop Shop” model was created as a solution to bring all information and support groups together under one banner.
Those who use our service are families, individuals, carers, service providers, medical personnel, schools & community groups, all for different reasons.
The service we provide within “a one stop shop” is so that all of the above users can be directed to Sunshine Butterflies so that the support team can assist them by either providing;
- helpful information
- refer users onto the appropriate service to save time and frustration
- create community connections and solutions without having to rely on goverment funded service provision
- assist with respite referrals
- advocate and assist families through the schooling system
- assist with DSQ registration
- case manage so that the correct and appropriate services can be in place from the beginning creating an easier and less stressful journey for the families
If you require assistance, or think you may need our help in the future, please contact us to further discuss.
If you would like to join as a member, please fill in the membership form and submit.