Sunshine Butterflies Siblings Program
Sunshine Butterflies provides support to all members of the family who are caring for a son or daughter with a disability and that includes the siblings.
Siblings of children with a disability, experience a range of emotional reactions, both positive and negative, which is why we have created a club exclusively for brothers and sisters of children who have special needs. Social Sibs is an informal support group that provides a social and recreational club to give siblings an opportunity to meet other siblings with similar circumstances in a fun, safe, casual and friendly environment.
“Social Sibs” will provide brothers and sisters the opportunity to;
- Meet other brothers and sisters of children with special needs and build new friendships
- Have fun without the guilt of knowing their sibling can’t always enjoy the same activity or pleasure
- Talk about their feelings with others who really know what its like to have a sibling with a special needs
- Learn and develop coping strategies for some of those difficult situations that they may encounter, such as teasing or embarrassment
- Improve their self-esteem, increase their social interactions and begin to see their situation as normal
Time: 10.00am – 2.00pm
Ages: 7 years – 12 years
Cost: $15 per child per session
Click to download the 2015 timetable.