Sunshine Butterflies provides support to all members of the family who are caring for a son or daughter with a disability and that includes the siblings. Siblings of children with a disability, experience a range of emotional reactions, both positive and negative, which is why we have created a club exclusively for brothers and sisters of children who have special needs.
Social Sibs is an informal support group for siblings aged 8-12 years, that provides a social and recreational activities, to give siblings an opportunity
to meet other siblings with similar circumstances in a fun, safe, casual and friendly environment.
Social Sibs allows siblings to:
• Meet other brothers and sisters and build new friendships
• Have fun without the guilt of knowing their sibling can’t always enjoy the same activity or pleasure
• Talk about their feelings with others who really know what its like to have a sibling with a special needs
• Learn and develop coping strategies for some of those difficult situations that they may encounter, such as teasing or embarrassment.
• Improve self-esteem and increase social interactions and begin to see their situation as normal
If you have a brother or sister with a disability, come and join Social Sibs for some fun filled activities.
Time: Once a month. Times vary according to the activities.
Ages: 8-12 years
For more info, or to book, please call us on 07 5470 2830.
This program is kindly sponsored by:
To find our more information about Social Sibs Club, please contact our team.
Georgia is a 12-year-old smiling, shining star! She is a delightful, engaged, funny, determined, bright little lady with a head full of crazy curls. Georgia also has severe Cerebral Palsy, which means she is unable to walk, talk, stand, sit, eat, wash, sleep, play, or even go to the ba...