‘Social Siblings’ is an informal support group for siblings aged 7-12 years, that provides social and recreational activities, to give siblings of a person with disability an opportunity to meet other kids living in similar circumstances in a fun, safe, casual and friendly environment.
Siblings of a person with disability, can experience a range of emotional reactions, both positive and negative, which is why we have created a group exclusively just for them.
‘Social Siblings’ allows siblings to:
• Meet other brothers and sisters and build new friendships.
• Have fun without the guilt of knowing their sibling can’t always enjoy the same activity or pleasure.
• Talk about their feelings with others who really know what it’s like to have a sibling with disability.
• Learn and develop coping strategies for some of those difficult situations that they may encounter, such as teasing or embarrassment.
• Improve self-esteem and increase social interactions and begin to see their situation as normal.
If you have a brother or sister with disability, come and join our Social Sibs program for some fun-filled free activities.
Time: Once a month. Times vary according to the activities.
Ages: 7-12 years
For more info, or to book, please call us on 07 5470 2830.
This program is proudly supported by the GenQ Health & Wellbeing.